Answer to my prayer
After I wrote down my prayer, the Lord answered me - to read about Abraham.
Usually when we read this passage in the Bible, we'd recall about the Lord calling Abram to leave his country, his people and his father's household and go to the land the Lord prepared for him. However, as I read on, I don't think this is what the Lord is trying to tell me to do. Instead, I read about Lot. When Abram and Lot decided to part, Abram let Lot to choose what he likes. Lot chose the land that is well-watered and like the garden of the Lord. He chose a place near Sodom. The problem is, this is actually a place that the Lord disliked.
As I read on about Sodom, Abraham pleaded the Lord for not destroying this place. The Lord said if there are ten righteous people, He would not destroy it.
Here are the messages I got. For myself, I believe this is not the time yet to leave, as I'm thinking like Lot because I want to choose the land that looks better and more fertile. This is what I want but not necessarily what the Lord wants. Nevertheless, All Saints' is in a condition in which if people do not repent and turn back to the Lord, He will still destroy it. God has mercy and he is still giving a chance. He has not abandoned the church yet. It is up to the congregation members to decide their future.
And the Lord also reminded me about one thing. If I struggle, I'm actually making people beside me to struggle as well. As I'm quite surprised why He answered me so quickly, I believe this is the reason. He doesn't want others to struggle with this problem (Thanks Eunice, for sharing the burden) and affect the ministry. Meanwhile, I'll continue to visit other churches and I hope I can bring back what I've learned to All Saints'. I'll also continue to pray for my parents, as I believe the most important thing for them is to experience God Himself and really get to know Him.
0 Comments:
發佈留言
<< Home