星期三, 3月 09, 2011

Just as I am

Today's ash wednesday. I attended the ash wednesday service and the ash on my forehead signifies that I'm a human being, I sinned and I did not deserve forgiveness. Yet Jesus died for me on the cross. I need to reflect and confess.

《 Just as I am 》

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

2 Comments:

At 12:22 下午, Anonymous Edmund said...

Good reflection. The more I think about and prepare for Lent, the more I see it is not about the sad, gloomy feeling of how bad we are. No, that is bad new.

Not that it is not true, it is the reality IF we have no Jesus. But the Good News is that Jesus has come and he will come again. Lent is ALWAYS a preparation for Easter, our anticipation of Resurrection and new life.

 
At 9:27 下午, Blogger Karen said...

Very true. The preparation for Lent, seems also be a time to get closer to God through fasting, prayers and bible reading. And the sermon last night talked about the 'joy' God bestowed upon us as we do so.

 

發佈留言

<< Home